The LG TrueSteam® Dishwasher Contest
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. You understand that you are providing your information to LG Electronics USA, Inc.
1. Eligibility: The LG TrueSteam® Dishwasher Contest (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of LG Electronics USA, Inc., Sponsor, Administrator, Ogilvy and Mather, participating Bloggers, and any of their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Promotion or production or distribution of Promotion materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor and Judges: LG Electronics USA, Inc., 1000 Sylvan Ave., Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632-3302. Administrator COHEN-FRIEDBERG ASSOCIATES, LLC Framingham, MA 01702
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Promotion, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator, which are final and legally binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Whether an entrant receives a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: There will be three (3) Bloggers who will ask their readers to enter the Contest by commenting on their own dishwasher loading style. There will be one (1) Grand Prize awarded per Blogger, for a total of three (3) prizes in all. Check your Bloggers Post for your actual start and end date. Dates may vary by participating Bloggers however the format of the contest will be governed by these official rules. The participating Bloggers computer server is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
5. How to Enter: LG will invite three (3) Bloggers via Email, to ask their readers to enter the Contest by answering the question "How would you describe your dishwasher loading style". This will include; A) The name of the loading style and B) The description of the loading style. Each Blogger will Judge each entry based on a predetermined equally weighted criteria, to determine the top ten (10) Finalists. Each Blogger will submit their Finalists list to LG to determine the Grand Prize winner for each Blogger. JUDGING CRITERIA FOR BLOGGERS AND JUDGES: The following equally weighted criteria will be used to determine Finalists and Grand Prize winners. 50% Originality of name entered for the loading style. 50% Creativity for the loading style description. LIMIT: You may enter one (1) time per person over the Contest Period. LIMIT: One prize per person or household over the Contest Period.
6. Winner Determination: Winners will be determined via the processes set forth above. The Grand Prize winners will be announced on or about September 21, 2012. The Contest will be under the supervision of the Administrator. Potential prizewinners will be notified by each participating Blogger and/or LG, using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsor and each Blogger shall have no liability for any potential prize winning notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential prizewinner does not respond within (5) days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable such prizewinner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. The alternate winner will be determined by the Judges as the next best entry. If any potential prizewinner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prizewinner will be disqualified and an alternate prizewinner may be selected.
7. Winner Requirements: All potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules; and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential Contest winners (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (“Affidavit”), which must be received by Administrator/Sponsor within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential Contest winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be determined by the Submission with the next highest score as determined by the Judges at their sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate potential winners will be notified for any Contest prize, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. In the event that a potential Contest Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to the next highest score as determined by the Judges at their sole discretion. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Promotion, worldwide, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
8. Prizes: Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. One (1) GRAND PRIZE (One per Blogger three (3) in all): Trip with your Blogger to the NYC Wine & Food Festival being conducted in New York City on October 12-14, 2012. Prize includes the following: (1) Roundtrip air transportation Two (2) nights hotel accommodations. Ground transportation ( airport to hotel and return) Festival tickets $250 spending money Approximate retail value of each prize $3,000. With respect to any Prize that includes accommodations and/or airfare, travel dates, airline and times, will be determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion. Travel is subject to availability. Airline transportation shall be by coach class roundtrip from an airport reasonably close to the winner’s city of residence to New York, and all such travel arrangements will be made by a designated Sponsor representative whose decisions regarding the itinerary are final. Selection of airline and airport shall be at the discretion of Sponsor or any other provider of any portion of the Prize. Trip winners must have valid travel documents (e.g., government issued I.D., passport, etc.) prior to departure, and failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize. Winner is solely responsible for satisfying all legally required conditions of travel. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation or delay or any weather or airline issues that prevent the from traveling, in which event any missed portion of the Prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided. If a winner lives within 125 miles of New York City, ground transportation may be substituted for air transportation. All estimated retail values are subject to change based on, among other things, normal price fluctuations associated with the consumer marketplace. No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash equivalent is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Each winner is responsible for any applicable federal state or local taxes on any prize received. If the Prize or the Prize notification letter is returned as undeliverable or any non-compliance with the Official Rules or failure to respond and execute and return the appropriate forms within the applicable time period, it will result in forfeiture of the Prize and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries received. TOTAL ARV FOR ALL PRIZES: $9,000. Limit: One (1) Sweepstakes Prize per person.
9. Release: By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any typographical/other error in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Promotion. If for any reason an entrant's Sweepstakes entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the Sweepstakes prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF NEW JERSEY OR THE APPROPRIATE NEW JERSEY STATE COURT LOCATED IN BERGEN COUNTY; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE ENTRANT AND SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY, AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES (WHETHER OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION), WHICH WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF THE LAWS OF ANY JURISDICTION OTHER THAN THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
14. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later 9/21/12. To obtain the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The LG TrueSteam® Dishwasher Contest, PO Box 2274, Framingham, MA 01703-22274.
® 2012 LG Electronics USA, Inc., All Rights Reserved.